Friday 18 January 2013

3 Wise Men And An Interloper

It's been a month since I last posted on my blog. I find that this time of year is always a hard one for keeping up to date with blogs because there is a lot of pressure at the build-up to Christmas, especially with concerts and end of year awards evenings (which I am involved with due to my membership of both Hull Musical Society and Bilton Amateur Dramatic Society). Then there's Christmas itself - family time. Once Christmas is over, we start working on the final preparations for the January production at Bilton. This includes building the set, organising props, costumes, drinks, newsletters, posters, publicity, decorating the set, etc etc - apart from trying to organise enough rehearsals to get the play up to scratch in time. This year, we've also had my sister's 40th birthday to think about - I made her a large wooden "Memory Box", and secretly contacted as many of her friends and family as I could to ask them to contribute to this gift by sending me messages and/or old photos of her to put inside it. I'm happy to say that the box was quite full when I handed it over to her on Wednesday this week!

Anyway, the title of this post is the reason I've finally managed to write something on  my blog again - I was contacted a week or so before Christmas by the internet marketing coach for "The Vibrant Coach" website and blog - they wanted permission to use one of my paintings (3 Wise Men And An Interloper) as a header image for a blog post. I am happy to say they used it on their blog post issued on Christmas Day, Wisdom Is The Greatest Gift. If you click on the link, the blog post will open in a new window.  Thanks to Lisa Barnett for writing to me and using my image with a link to the Rogue Gene Gallery web-site where the painting is for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on any aspect of my posts - it's always nice to know when someone has taken the time to actually read my blog, so it matters little what you say, it's just good to hear from you!