Friday 23 November 2012

Autumn Trees Painting

Yesterday I did an image search on Google with the phrase "Autumn Trees Paintings" and found a copious cornucopia of creativity! OK, I realise I've overdone the abundance in that sentence, but I really did see a lot of tree paintings in my results! I love trees, and representations of them in any form are appealing to me. I particularly like ancient, gnarled trunks with bare branches against a sunset sky!

Here's one that particularly caught my eye with the colours and texture within. It's painted by Carmen Guedez and I just love the way she's painted the leaves on the tree by applying paint directly from the tube to create a very 3-dimensional effect.


I contacted Carmen to ask her permission for posting the image on my blog and I'm happy to say that she has allowed me to do so. Having looked at her web-site I am sure I will be a regular visitor there now - she has so many beautiful paintings that really do appeal to me! You can see for yourself by clicking on this link, which will open in a new window: Carmen Guedez


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on any aspect of my posts - it's always nice to know when someone has taken the time to actually read my blog, so it matters little what you say, it's just good to hear from you!